Time Magazine published its annual list of "The 100 Most Influential People" today (April 21), featuring four prominent people of color on the covers and many more from across disciplines on the inside.
Nicki Minaj, "Hamilton‘s" Lin-Manuel Miranda and Indian actress and singer Priyanka Chopra all feature on their own covers, as do Leonardo DiCaprio and Christine Lagarde. Mark Zuckerberg and his wife Priscilla Chan appear together on the sixth one.
Time celebrates each person on this year’s list with a portrait and a short statement written by another figure. Besides the cover stars’ entries, be sure to read the following features:
– Kendrick Lamar, written by Black Lives Matter co-founder Alicia Garza
– "Jane the Virgin" star Gina Rodriguez, written by co-star and "West Side Story" actress Rita Moreno
– "Creed" and "Fruitvale Station" director Ryan Coogler, written by journalist Ta-Nehisi Coates
– Ta-Nehisi Coates, written by Equal Justice Initiative founder Bryan Stevenson
– President Barack Obama, written by Charleston massacre survivor Jennifer Pinckney
– Future Olympian fencer Ibtihaj Muhammad, written by Congressman Keith Ellison
Which other entries did you like? Let us know in the comments.