Here’s what I’m reading up on this morning:
- The Senate passes the Keystone XL bill–which Obama has said he’ll veto.
- Suge Knight is arrested on suspicion of murder after running his friends over with with a car he was driving, leaving one dead and one injured.
- South African apartheid-era death squad leader Eugene de Kock is released after serving 20 years of a 212 year sentence.
- Russia’s Central Bank surprises economists and cuts interest rates from 17 percent to 15 percent.
- The FCC changes the rules on broadband ahead of its net neutrality decision on February 26.
- Big Sean and friends release "Blessings."
- Mosquitos with altered DNA may soon be released in the Florida Keys to combat Dengue fever and chikungunya.