Here’s what I’m reading up on today:
- The U.S. is ramping up its nuclear arms arsenal.
- Apple sold a record 10 million iPhone 6’s over the weekend.
- More than 300,000 people marched for climate justice in New York City on Sunday. The U.N. climate summit begins today.
- The first ever World Conference on Indigenous Peoples opens today at the United Nations.
- Texas Governor Rick Perry is using Joan Rivers’ death to stretch his anti-abortion agenda.
- Omar Gonzalez, the military vet who was caught last week scaling the White House fence, has a story.
- ESPN published a timeline of the Ray Rice scandal. Biggest takeaway: The Ravens knew months ago what happened inside that elevator.
- Facebook’s next target: drag queens.
- funkgodjazz&medicine opened in Brooklyn over the weekend. Go see it.