Here’s what I’m reading up on this morning:
- Six people are killed when a New York commuter train crashes into a car on the tracks.
- At least 23 people are killed when a plane crashes in Taiwan; 15 more survive. The video is harrowing:
- Mexico’s been deporting record numbers of people–with Obama’s help.
- Staples will acquire Office Depot for $6 billion.
- Your Android may be infected with malware from Google Play apps.
- During Black History Month, HarperCollins announces it will publish a new Harper Lee novel as sequel to "To Kill a Mockingbird," although it’s unclear if Lee has anything to do wih it.
- Chris Christie changes his mind and now thinks parents should vaccinate their children after all.
- NASA is heading out to observe Jupiter’s moon, Europa, which researchers suspect has everything needed to sustain life (but keep in mind it actually won’t be landing on that icy moon).