Here’s what I’m reading up on this morning:
- An Air Algérie flight is missing, and likely crashed in northern Mali with about 116 people on board.
- A TransAsia flight crashes in Taiwan, killing 48 people.
- Despite one lone vote against it from the U.S., the U.N. begins an inquiry into whether Israel is committing war crimes; meanwhile, Israel attacks a U.N. school in Gaza.
- The botched execution of Joseph Wood in Arizona takes nearly two hours.
- Jobless claims fall again to their lowest level since 2006.
- Time actually publishes a "bae" explainer, which inspires brilliant #TimeTitles.
- Check out these photos from Comic-Con 2014 kicking off in San Diego!
- The world’s first malaria vaccine may soon be approved.
- An astronaut tweets his "saddest photo yet" from space.