Here’s what I’m reading up on this morning:
- An open-ended ceasefire is accepted after nearly two months of terror in Gaza. Approximate death toll: 69 Israelis (including six civilians), 2,143 Palestinians.
- A U.S. citizen is killed while fighting for IS in Syria.
- A 9-year-old in Arizona accidentally shoots and kills her submachine gun instructor.
- Time Warner is close to restoring broadband coverage to all of the roughly 12 million customers it failed nationawide this morning.
- IMF chief Christine Lagarde is under investigation by a French court for negligence in a political fraud case.
- It’s no longer Google, but Amazon that is now poised to acquire video game streaming platform Twitch.
- Cardinals quarterback Antonio Cromartie pays homage to Michael Brown:
— ANTONIO CROMARTIE (@CRO31) August 25, 2014
- Jamaica Kincaid wins the American Book Award.
- A third doctor dies from Ebola in Sierra Leone.