Here’s what I’m reading up on this morning:
- The FCC is expected vote for net neutrality today; my colleague Carla Murphy explains why that’s important.
- IS’s Jihadi John is revealed to be Mohammed Emwazi–a person British security forces had hounded without apparent reason for years.
- Meanwhile, IS captures 220 Assyrian Christians.
- U.S. jobless claims climb to 313,000.
- Apple Watch has a 12-page ad in Vogue.
- A judge orders Lindsay Lohan to redo 125 hours of community service after Lohan tries to pass off things like meeting her fans as a charitable act.
- Hand-washing dishes may prevent children from getting allergies.
- NASA’s Dawn observes one or more bright spots on Ceres–and no one’s really sure what they are.