Here’s what I’m reading up on this morning:
- Russian separatists have trapped Ukrainian soldiers, as Poland declares what’s happening in Ukraine a war.
- The U.N. says that three million Syrians–or about one of out every eight–have been displaced since 2011.
- Speaking of Syria, Obama warns that using force isn’t always the best option.
- West African students arriving on U.S. campuses this fall may be subjected to increased health checks.
- Google is testing its own drones to deliver goods.
- Consumer spending declines for the first time in six months, down 0.1% in July.
- Senegal confirms its first Ebola case.
- Contagious yawns? Wolves do it, too. I keep yawning just thinking about it.