Here’s what I’m reading up on this morning:
- 4,360 flights have been cancelled as the East Coast prepares for Winter Storm Juno. It might be the worst storm ever in New York City.*
- Greece’s anti-austerity party, Syriza, wins elections.
- Obama visits India in hopes of ensuring new trust with the U.S.
- Mattel’s CEO steps down after consistently low sales.
- Cablevision is offering its internet subscribers $10 a month Wi-Fi-based cell phone service.
- The SAG Awards illustrate the need for racial diversity in Hollywood.
- Having a flexible work schedule means workers get more sleep.
- A giant asteroid will miss earth by about 745,000 miles (which is close to nothing in astronomical measures).
*Post has been updated to reflect that Winter Storm Juno may be the most severe snow storm in New York City history, not in East Coast history.