Here’s what I’m reading up on this morning:
- Mondays prove brutal for East Coast weather.
- Among other things, President Obama tells Vox’s Ezra Klein that the United States is going to be ok when it comes to race because we’re just "a hodgepodge of folks."
- A stampede in a clash between sports fans and police in Cairo leads to at least 19 deaths.
- McDonald’s sales keep slipping.
- Out of cash but want to leave a tip? There’s an app for that.
- Your Samsung SmartTV is listening to your personal conversations and the company warns people that: "be aware that if your spoken words include personal or other sensitive information, that information will be among the data captured and transmitted to a third party through your use of Voice Recognition."
- WaPo has a good wrap-up of what happened at the Grammys.
- Coffee apparently lowers the risk of endometrial cancer and red wine apparently burns fat.
- Baby sea lions–more than 250 in January alone–are stranding on California’s coast.