Here’s what I’m reading up on this morning:
- 420 people who were aboard China’s sunken ferry on the Yangtze are still missing.
- Your questions about the USA Freedom Act, answered. Well, kind of—since the Obama administration still hasn’t said what it’s going to do with your phone records.
- South Korea says it has the capacity to launch missiles into anywhere in North Korea. South Korea may be facing bigger problems, however (see below).
- The private sector added 201,000 jobs in May. That’s less than what Wall Street Journal estimated—but more than Bloomberg estimated.
- Apple’s Tim Cook slams Google and Facebook on privacy.
- Cameron Crowe is sorry not sorry that he cast a white woman to play a woman of color in his horrendous new film, "Aloha."
- South Korea is trying to stop a serious MERS outbreak.