Here’s what I’m reading up on today:
- Russian president Vladamir Putin has ordered his troops to pull back from Ukraine.
- AT&T remembered how much it liked that whole empire thing and bought Direct TV for $49 billion.
- South Korea’s president has announced that she will disband the coast guard due to its inept efforts to rescue passengers aboard a sinking ferry carrying hundreds of high schoolers. More than 300 people died in the accident.
- NYU’s Abu Dhabi site isn’t nearly as fabulous as it looks in advertisements.
- Rent-regulated tenants are excluded from their building’s high-priced amenities, according to a report.
- The Justice Department will file hacking charges against China.
- The Roots’ ‘…and then you shoot your cousin" is out today.
- NBA big man Kevin Love is ready to leave Minnesota.