Here’s what I’m reading up on this morning:
- Julian Bond, 1940-2015.
- The presidential candidates attempt to charm voters at the Iowa State Fair. Awkward.
- Not weird enough for you? OK. Donald Trump shows up for jury duty.
- Amazon’s Jeff Bezos says his company isn’t the scary cult described in the New York Times.
- Here’s how AT&T aids the NSA to violate your privacy and spy on you.
- Two campers are killed when a tree limb falls in Yosemite.
- The White House announces a plan to deal with rising heroin use.