Here’s what I’m reading up on this morning:
- Obama vetoes a bill that would have allowed the construction of the Keystone XL oil pipeline.
- Chicago’s police department has been running a ‘black site,’ where, for the last 40 years or so, adults and children as young as 15 years old are tortured without ever even being booked into custody. At least one person has died.
- Speaking of Chicago, Jesus "Chuy" Garcia, a Mexican-American politician with broad grassroots support, will face Rahm Emanuel in a runoff for mayor on April 7 after Emanuel failed to get 50 percent of the vote in yesterday’s mayoral election.
- 28 people are injured when a commuter train derails in Oxnard, just north of Los Angeles.
- Southwest Airlines will have to ground close to 100 flights today because of missing inspections.
- Republicans throw in the towel on net neutrality.
- Giuliana Rancic sincerely apologizes to Zendaya Coleman.
- Ice cream is the most addictive food, followed by chips, chocolate, cookies and pizza. Tasty, tasty.