Here’s what I’m reading up on:
- The Nobel Peace Prize goes to Malala Yousafzai and Kailash Satyarthi.
- North Korea’s Kim Jong Un misses a major state celebration, fueling rumors that he’s gravely ill.
- Mexican officials announce the capture of drug lord Vicente Carrillo Fuentes, better known as El Capo.
- Airport screening for Ebola in the U.S. would likely stand a legal challenge.
- St. Louis sees the second night of protests following the shooting and killing of another black teen.
- Clark County, Nevada, begins issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples and Las Vegas chapels fill up with couples waiting to tie the knot.
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella says he was wrong about, yet fails to apologize for, a statement that women in tech shouldn’t ask for raises because of karma.
- George Clooney makes a surprise appearance at New York Comic Con.
- Stem cells could provide a cure for Type 1 diabetes.