Here are some of the stories I’m reading up on this morning:
- Twenty two people are dead and some 50 are injured following a shooting at a museum in Tunisia; many of the victims were foreign tourists.
- A white man with Hitler-referencing tattoos on his face shoots six people in four different locations, killing one, in Mesa, Az., where authorities apprehend him unharmed.
- The FBI hasn’t done enough to prosecute white people who lynched black people and who are still alive.
- A black student at the University of Virginia is beaten bloody during an arrest by white Alcoholic Beverage Control agents.
- Some Republicans don’t like the Republican budget.
- The $1 million TED prize goes to StoryCorps.
- Loneliness can be as bad as smoking 15 cigarettes a day and can lead to early death.
- Meet the Carolina Butcher: a massive crocodile that walked on its hind legs.