Here’s some of that I’m reading up on this morning:
- HSBC Bank executives may face criminal charges for allegedly helping tax evaders.
- The New York Times runs an extensive story on the history of lynching based on a new report–and fails to mention that it was whites who did the lynching.
- Former IMF head Dominique Strauss-Kahn bites his lip in court as a sex worker describes his abuse of her during testimony at a trial in France.
- The Home Depot is hiring some 80,000 seasonal workers this spring.
- Google is teaming with the Mayo Clinic to curate search results for those symptoms you’re always worrying about.
- Health officials warn parents against intentionally infecting their non-vaccinated children with measles by making them attend "measles parties."
- Researchers in Vermont claim that all languages are biased toward positivity. (Note they only examine English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Russian, Korean, Chinese, Indonesian and Arabic, thereby leaving out an entire hemisphere’s worth of languages, yet come to a universal conclusion.)