Here’s what I’m reading up on this morning:
- The FBI says that the St. Louis grand jury’s decision in the Darren Wilson case "will likely be exploited by some individuals to justify threats and attacks against law enforcement and critical infrastructure." Missouri’s Jay Nixon, meanwhile, has declared a state of emergency.
- Senate Democrat Mary Landrieu seeks a 60th vote to push through the Keystone XL pipeline (which the House has already passed). The Rosebud Sioux Tribe says "authorizing Keystone XL is an act of war."
- In an attack condemned by Palestinian President Abbas, four Israelis (including three from the United States) were killed inside a synagogue by two Palestinians.
- In just five years, former Mississippi governor and now Navy secretary Ray Mabus spent nearly $5 million taxpayer dollars on travel.
- A venture capitalist firm is working to brand a Bob Marley marijuana line.
- Bill Cosby was joking about drugging and raping women in 1969.
- Because the company isn’t horrible enough as it is, an Uber executive considers spending $1 million to dig up dirt to publish on journalists it doesn’t like.
- I don’t know what Prana energy is, but Willow Smith and Jaden Smith are pretty into it.
- Oxford Dictionary’s word of the year is "vape."