Here’s what I’m reading up on this morning:
- Jobless rates drop to 5.8 percent–a six-year low.
- The 6th Circuit Court of Appeals upholds gay marriage bans in four states–all but guaranteeing the Supreme Court will have to take up the issue. Here’s a map of just how confusing this whole marriage thing can be for same-sex couples.
- President Obama wrote a letter to Iran’s Ayatollah Khamenei about IS being a common threat; this step at diplomacy is really freaking some conservatives out.
- Former Navy SEAL Robert O’Neill discloses that he was the one who killed Osama Bin Laden.
- Is yours one of 53 million email addresses that were stolen during the Home Depot security breach? Good luck with phishing scams.
- Rather than handling its own ridiculous problem of online harassment, Twitter is collaborating Women Action Media, a third party, to create yet another tool to report such harassment. It’s unclear to me at this point who will own what user information and how it may be used in the future.
- Stevie Wonder kicks off his "Songs in the Key of Life" tour in New York City.
- Ouch. A flu shot seems more effective than a nasal spray vaccine for kids.
- Bats are able to jam another’s sonar–likely done to steal the other’s food.