Here’s what I’m reading up on this morning:
- Israel escalates its war on Gaza, leveling high-rise buildings.
- The U.S. starts drone flights over Syria.
- Obama will be addressing mental health access fixes to veterans today.
- No one seems to know whether California’s remaining nuclear plant can survive an earthquake.
- California’s governor signs an anti-theft smartphone kill switch bill into law.
- Finally. The WHO makes new suggestions on e-cigarettes, including banning their use indoors.
- A Dallas family finds an intact woolly mammoth skeleton in a mud pit on its ranch.