This is what I’m reading up on today:
- A Ferguson grand jury failed to indict Officer Darren Wilson in the killing of Michael Brown, triggering protests nationwide.
- St. Louis County prosecuting attorney Robert McCulloch released Officer Wilson’s grand jury testimony late on Monday night, in which Wilson said that Brown "looked like a demon." Also released: photos of Wilson after Mike Brown’s shooting.
- The night’s most heartbreaking image: Mike Brown’s mother, Lesley McSpadden, screams and sobs over the grand jury’s decision.
- Despite President Obama’s pleas for peace, anger and violence broke out on the streets of Ferguson. One police officer was shot near Ferguson; 61 people were arrested.
- Don Lemon said predictably Don Lemon-esque things from Ferguson.