Aside from better Gabo obits in Spanish here’s some of what I’m reading this morning:
- At least 12 Sherpa are dead following a massive avalanche on Mount Everest; the rich foreigners who make the Sherpa carry all their stuff are all accounted for.
- The sunken South Korean ferry capsizes; 271 remain missing, vice principal survivor found hanged, and arrest warrent is issued for captain.
- Guns don’t kill people; 6-year-olds do.
- Wal-Mart will soon offer money transfers.
- Facebook’s "Nearby Friends" allows you the option to stalk people IRL, too.
- Turns out people been fixing wrestling matches for about 2,000 years.
- The negative consequences of childhood bullying, including poor mental health and unemployment, can last a lifetime.
- NASA crashes its moon-orbiting explorer into the moon’s darkside, claiming no debris is left behind.