Here’s what I’m reading up on this morning:
- The New York Times breaks down which races we should be keeping an eye on on Election Day.
- Through the FAA, Ferguson really did create a no-fly zone over a 37 square foot mile area in order to keep the media from reporting on protests. The transcripts from some of the audio recordings between the FAA and local officials are pretty damning.
- The NTSB releases pretty inconclusive information about what may have caused the Virgin Galactic flight to crash, killing one of two co-pilots.
- Israel is refusing to allow the United States to deport Mohammed Rashed. Rashed served his time after agreeing to a plea deal in connection with a plane bombing. He pled in exchange for being deported to the West Bank.
- Brittany Maynard, the terminally ill woman who advocated for death with dignity, takes her own life.
- Not too surprising after Friday’s big rally, but stocks open flat today on Wall Street.
- Ever feel like playing Super PacMan or 900 other retro arcade games? Now you can.
- Nik Wallenda walks a tightrope between two Chicago skyscrapers. Blindfolded.
- Baby robot penguin is about the cutest and perhaps most innovative development in behavioral ecology.