Here’s what I’m reading up on this morning:
- More than 400 people are feared dead after an apparent cyclone sinks a ferry in China’s Yangtze River.
- "Run Warren Run" disbands.
- The Oneida Indian Nation opens a Wizard of Oz-themed casino in upstate New York.
- A San Diego-bound US Airways flight in Philadelphia is evacuated after a bomb hoax.
- Time Warner Cable is among the worst ranking cable companies in customer satisfaction.
- Google remains overwhelmingly white and male.
- Laverne Cox pens a short essay about Caitlyn* Jenner.
- Can (super expensive) immunotherapy replace chemo for cancer patients?
- Smalltooth sawfish are reproducing asexually.
*Post has been updated to reflect the correct spelling of Jenner’s first name: it’s Caitlyn, not Caitlin.