Here’s some of what I’m reading up on this morning:
- Eleven National Guard members are missing after a military helicopter crashes in Florida.
- Ferguson City Manager John Shaw is the fifth person to resign from the troubled town following the DOJ report.
- Hillary Clinton says it was actually OK. to use her personal e-mail account during her time as Secretary of State–adding she deleted a ton of supposedly private e-mails.
- Parker Rice, one of two University of Oklahoma frat boys seen chanting about lynching black people on a video issues a statement which is part apology part victimization. His frat brother Levi Pettit hasn’t said anything, allowing instead for his parents to issue a similar statement that claims Pettit isn’t racist.
- If the case doesn’t lose in appeals, Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams will pay Marvin Gaye’s family $7.4 million after a jury decides they stole Gaye’s music to make their rapey hit, "Blurred Lines."
- Neilsen says that 40 percent people who own televisions also use a streaming service.
- A new report indicates that the sugar industry shaped the U.S. National Institutes of Health’s recommendations on cavities.
- The reason chameleons change colors? Photonic nanocrystals: