Here’s what I’m reading up on this morning:
- Ferguson, Missouri’s black community holds vigil after police shoot and kill unarmed teen Mike Brown.
- There’s another 72-hour ceasefire in Gaza in hopes of talks in Egypt.
- Tensions are increasing between Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki and the Obama administration.
- Yes means yes: California lawmakers are mulling an affirmative consent law for schools that receive public funds.
- Venture capitalist firm Andreessen Horowitz invests $50 million into BuzzFeed.
- Facebook is forcing its app users to download Messanger—but don’t click on the Color Change “app”!
- MTV’s Teen Choice Awards stay pretty white.
- U.S. Missionaries returning from West Africa who may have been exposed to Ebola are being quarantined in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- DId you catch the supermoon last night? The photos are gorgeous.