Here’s what I’m reading about this morning:
- The site of the MH17 crash near the Ukraine-Russia border is already contaminated.
- The Bureau of Prisons denies Chelsea Manning’s request for a transfer out of a men’s military prison; her initial gender treatment will begin in custody at Ft. Leavenworth.
- Crude oil spikes to $108 a barrel over fears about Ukraine and Gaza.
- After reaching a new contract, New York’s Long Island Rail Road workers will not strike.
- Kindle launches unlimited subscriptions for $9.99 a month.
- A Florida man is the first to be locally infected with chikungunya.
- Bald eagles are spotted in California’s Channel Islands for the first time in 50 years.