Here’s what I’m reading up on after the long weekend:
- Israel continues to strike Gaza and setllers confess to burning alive Palestinian teen Mohammed Abu Khdeir, while his cousin Tariq is released after a brutal beating by Israeli police.
- Jeh Johnson hopes to deport even more people.
- An 6.9 earthquake centered in Chiapas claims at least three lives in Mexico and Guatemala.
- Pope Francis meets with child abuse victims and begs for forgiveness.
- Food processor Archer-Daniels-Midland is acquiring flavor enhancing corporation Wild Flavours for $3 billion.
- Madd Mary pretty much destroys Iggy Azalea on a new track.
- There are just four teams left in the World Cup; the final is set for this Sunday, when I’m predicting Argentina will go against Brazil.
- Health officials confirm four cases of chikungunya disease in Boston.