Here’s what I’m reading up on this morning:
- At least 38 Palestinians are dead following Israel’s attack on more than 400 sites in Gaza.
- In what’s likely the most surprising World Cup semi ever, Germany beats Brazil, 7-1.
- The Obama administration is pushing to deport Central American children seeking refuge faster.
- Canadian and Chinese buyers are making big investments in real estate in the U.S.
- The government made 150,000 requests for Verizon’s user data in the first six months of this year.
- The Insane Clown Posse is unable to sue the government over the FBI’s classification of juggalos as a gang. (And that’s probably the funniest sentence I’ve ever had the ability to publish.)
- Following Brazil’s devastating loss, Argentina is the last American team left in the World Cup; they take on the Netherlands today, with champion diver Robben.
- Not to be confused with the recent anthrax exposure scandal, the CDC finds some smallpox hanging out in an old cardboard box.
- NASA confirms that Voyager 1 has officially entered interstellar space.