Here’s what I’m reading up on this morning:
- It’s unclear who’s in control of Iraq’s largest oil refinery.
- American Apparel, long accused of scandalous ads, sexual harassment, discrimination, racism, and creating conditions that killed a factory worker, moves to get rid of its infamous CEO Dov Charney.
- Tornados strike South Dakota, although it appears few people were injured.
- It’s 2014 and Spain is still a monarchy with a new king.
- Three black men have been executed in just two days—the latest is John Henry in Florida.
- Facebook is disrupted for about 30 minutes at 4a ET.
- Angie Martinez leaves Hot 97 for Power 105.
- Some 100 Chileans storm the Maracanã stadium for a game which would oust Spain from the World Cup.
- The CDC says the rates of induced labor and C-section are declining.