It’s Friday. Yay! Here’s what I’m reading up on this morning:
- Authorities in India arrest three of seven men accused of raping and killing two teenage Dalit sisters.
- Amid calls for his resignation, VA Chief Eric Shinseki apologizes for systemic problems ahead of a meeting with Obama.
- Consumer spending unexpectedly dropped 0.1 percent in April (it was expected to rise 0.2 percent).
- Mark Zuckerburg and Priscilla Chan donate $120 million to Bay Area Schools—which will hopefully not be wasted like it was in Phili.
- Ansun Sujoe and Sriram Hathwar tie for champions at the Scripps Spelling Bee, and some folks are pretty furious they’re not white.
- Maybe “Breaking Bad” isn’t done yet. Maybe.
- The measles are back. Thanks, anti-vaxxers.