Here’s some of what I’m reading about this morning:
- An Obama-backed NSA overhaul bill will likely mean that the transparent-sounding Surveillance Court will have to subpoena your phone records.
- More than two weeks after the Malaysian Airlines flight disappeared, there is still no hard evidence of what really happened.
- At least 14 people are dead, and up 176 are missing following a massive mudslide in Washington state.
- Walgreen’s second quarter profits fall by less than one percent, largely due to a mild flu season; the corporation will close 76 stores.
- Would you wear Google Glass if they were Ray-Bans and Oakleys?
- Disney acquires Maker Studios, which is a leading producer and distributor on Youtube, for $500 million.
- The Washington DC football team’s Dan Snyder posts a ridiculous letter about giving Natives some
- The NFL announces its compensatory picks.
- When taken by pill or oral spray, marijuana reduces symptoms related to multiple sclerosis.
- NASA needs your help choosing its next-generation spacesuit (and yes! at least one of the designs imagines a person of color wearing it).